Dog-friendly holidays in Dumfries & Galloway
Dog-friendly accommodation holidays in South West Scotland
The south-west corner of Scotland is home to places and experiences you’ll find nowhere else in the country. Exotic gardens, nature walks paved by kings, and mesmerising coastlines all await you and your canine friend in Dumfries & Galloway.
Explore our dog-friendly holidays in beautiful West Scotland, and book a luxurious caravan or lodge to rest in during your stay.
Dumfries & Galloway at a glance
The story of Dumfries & Galloway is one steeped in history. A holiday here means treading on the same coastal paths and forest trails that kings of old once did, and you can experience those same journeys with your dog for an unforgettable pet-friendly adventure.
Dog-friendly attractions in Dumfries & Galloway
See what awaits you and your dog in Dumfries & Galloway:
- Explore the trail of the famous Scottish king, Robert the Bruce
- Enjoy a day at Ellisland Farm, one of the ancient homes of legendary bard Robert Burns
- Visit the quaint shops in Dumfries; a short drive from our Queensberry Bay holiday park
- Relax on the county’s many beautiful beaches, such as Southerness Beach and Sandyhills Bay
- Bring your assistance dog to the Logan Botanic Garden
Our dog-friendly accommodation in Dumfries & Galloway
Whether you’re staying for a day or a week-long escape, our accommodation in Dumfries & Galloway ensures you and your dog can unwind in style:
- Sage Caravans – open plan space for families and couples
- Limetree Lodge – spacious and fully furnished. Sleeps up to 4 people
- Glamping Pods - perfect for couples, with gorgeous sea views.
12 tips for travelling with your dog
We understand that many people want to go on holiday or travel to their holiday home with the whole family, including their dog! Read our handy guide to making the most out of dog friendly holidays in the UK.
Dog-friendly holidays for couples
It can be hard finding the perfect romantic getaway when you have a furry, four-legged third wheel with you, but at Verdant Leisure you don’t have to worry. Discover our best pet-friendly getaways for couples.
Dog walks in South West Scotland
We love getting out and about on walks with our dogs. Not only does it keep them energised and happy, but it also allows us to see more of the sights surrounding our beautiful parks.
Dog-friendly holidays in Dumfries & Galloway FAQs
Dumfries & Galloway is a treasure trove of dog-friendly activities. Alongside its numerous nature trails and open-air spaces, many places and attractions allow dogs on their premises with you.
If you want to visit somewhere and are unsure if dogs are permitted, check the location’s website for any restrictions that might be in place.
Assistance dogs are allowed on the Logan Botanic Garden grounds.