Verdant Leisure Limited is committed to protecting your privacy.
At its simplest this is our promise:
- We will only contact you in relation to our holiday parks and making the most of your experience at our parks.
- We will never sell your data.
- We will store any data that we hold on you securely.
- We will respect your requests to opt-out and or delete your data.
We may update this Policy from time to time. Details of the date this Policy was updated can be found at the bottom of the page.
Verdant Leisure companies
Your information may be used by Verdant Leisure Group, Verdant Leisure Limited, Verdant Leisure 2 Limited and Golden Coast Sporting Villas Limited. Verdant Leisure Group owns and operates 12 holiday parks in Scotland, Northern England and Devon. Throughout this Policy, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Verdant Leisure Limited, Verdant Leisure 2 Limited or Golden Coast Sporting Villas Limited.
We have a legal duty to protect information we collect under legislation such as the UK GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
The legislation sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process data.
We collect, use and share data:
- as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through updating your profile
- as necessary for our (or other’s) legitimate business interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised and profitable service to you and others, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data
- as necessary in the public interest
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations
Full details on the legal basis on which we collect, and process data can be found here Legal Basis For Collecting and Processing Data
Types of Data
|Types of data||Description|
|Identity Data||Name, username, age, gender, social media username*|
|Financial Data||Bank account and payment card details.|
|Transactional Data||Details about payments and other details of products and any services you have purchased from us.|
|Contact Data||Address, telephone numbers and email address.|
|Technical||Information about your mobile, tablet or computer device including, IP address, browser type, location, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
|Profile||Purchases made by you, your interests, preferences, sign up form details, information provided by you in connection with your holiday stay, feedback, survey responses and competitions.|
|Marketing||Your preferences for receiving any marketing communications from us.|
|Usage||Information on how you use our website, products and services including details of the bookings or purchases you make.|
|Accident||If you have an accident whilst on our parks that you inform us of, we may record details of that accident or injury in an accident log book.|
|CCTV||CCTV footage which you may appear in whilst visiting our parks.|
*If you are to interact with our social media channels
What type of information do we collect?
- Information required to fulfil our contract with you.
We require personal data in order to process your booking or complete a holiday home ownership transaction. We won’t be able to fulfil our contract with you or comply with our legal obligations without collecting your personal data.
- Information you share with us on our website
We collect information you provide when you use our services or submit any forms including contact forms, brochure requests, holiday booking requests, appointment requests, newsletter sign-ups and job applications as well as any profile information you provide. We may also collect additional so called “meta” information associated with your website visit(s) e.g. time of submission, browser and site settings. This also includes any comments you may submit on blog articles or reviews or in competitions or other promotions.
- Payment and transaction information
If you choose to use our paid for services these will usually be governed by a separate agreement that will also cover personal data usage.
- Information you provide in general correspondence
We maintain records of conversations we may have with you (such as through email, chat or over the phone). This includes when you make a complaint or complete a survey we send to you.
We may also collect conversations we have with you or you have about us through third party platforms such as social media or review platforms.
- When you book a break through an agent such as Hoseasons, AirBnb or Booking.com
- Visiting our parks and facilities
We maintain records of when you visit our leisure facilities.
We will maintain records if an accident or incident takes place on our parks.
We use CCTV on our parks and in our facilities for the safety and security of our team and customers. This may include in our swimming pool facilities. If criminal activity, or alleged criminal activity is discovered using CCTV, it may be processed to prevent or detect unlawful acts, assist law enforcement, or defend our legal rights.
- Information about your use of our website
The data we collect includes standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, including IP address, browser type, pages requested, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, landing pages and other data of this nature.
This automatically collected data is processed in a way that does not give us access to the personally identifiable information unless you subsequently choose to identify yourself. We use various third-party tools for this, primarily:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Analytics and the Facebook Pixel
Sensitive personal information
We do not normally ask you to provide us with sensitive personal information however you may provide us with information such as medical information, dietary requests, or religious requirements to make a special request about the service we provide. The information you provide will only be used with your consent and will not be used for any other purpose.
How long will we store your data?
If you book a holiday with us or purchase a holiday home from us, we will retain and store your information for seven years from the point of your transaction with us. If you request a brochure or complete an enquiry form, we will retain and store your information for one year from the point of your last interaction with us. We retain and store your information whilst it is required for relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Your information will be disposed of in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically and sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information you provide for the following reasons;
- to process your requests (e.g. for a holiday booking, brochure) or delivering the services you have requested (e.g. home ownership, bookings, processing a job application etc)
- to provide information or details that you have requested
- to personalise our website or services
- to help improve our website or services
- for statistical purposes
- to protect our customers and business from fraud and illegal activities
- to comply with our obligations under Money Laundering and Financial Conduct Authority Regulations
- to manage customer service enquiries or respond to complaints
- to work with agents such as Hoseasons, AirBnB and Booking.com
- to inform you about changes to our website, services, goods or products
- to tell you about products and services we think may be of interest to you, on the basis that you have given us consent to do so
- in addition to our own services we may also provide information about selected third parties such as entertainment agencies, holiday home manufacturers and insurance providers
- please note that you may see our advertising on or off the web as part of our general advertising but it will only be personalised to you if you have given us permission to do so (usually when allowing cookies for advertising and marketing purposes)
- to comply with legal obligations
- to comply with Covid Track and Trace (England) or Test and Protect (Scotland) requirements
How is this information shared?
As with all businesses, there are a number of legal entities and parties involved in helping us operate our business and your data may be shared with them. We work with trusted parties that will treat your data securely and respect your privacy.. When they need to use personally identifiable data they will use it purely for providing us with the services we request (unless they also have a direct relationship with you (e.g. Google) in which case it may also be used in accordance with the agreements they have with you. When we stop using their services, your data will be returned or deleted.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We share your data with partners who help us provide and improve our products and services. Your information is likely to be available to a greater or lesser extent to those who support our business (and their subcontractors) including:
- IT companies and service providers that support our business and website
- Marketing agencies that support us with communications we send to you
- Payment service providers to complete transactions
- Analytics and advertising providers primarily, HubSpot, Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Bing and Hotjar
- Insights and market research agencies
In each case we only provide the minimum amount of information or access necessary for those third parties to fulfil their obligations to us and ultimately to you.
We use advertising services including Google, Facebook, Bing, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Through the use of our site and services, data is being shared with these companies. They may know you’ve been on our site and what pages etc you’ve viewed and will understand that you are transacting with us, if for example you place an order. This allows us to purchase so called “remarketing” adverts across their networks so we can encourage you to come back to our site later in accordance with their terms. We deliberately limit the number of times you will see our adverts to avoid unacceptable irritation. If you have given us your email address, we may share it with them as part of a service they offer to allow us to buy adverts that reach people they deem to be similar to you (i.e. other people interested in holiday parks) assuming of course, that you are already registered with them.
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video or a Facebook like button. In each case the providers of these services will likely collect data about your usage that they will use to build up your profile as you search the web. Our site includes the following:
- Videos (powered by YouTube and Vimeo)
- Presentation Slides (powered by SlideShare)
- Google Maps
- Like and share buttons from Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, ShareThis and AddThis.
The above lists may change from time to time.
Please note that if the ownership or control of all or part of our products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Transferring your data internationally
Some of the companies in the above lists are based outside the EU. We will only transfer data internationally to organisations based in countries that have appropriate data protection approved by the European Commission (“adequacy decision”).
Your right to access, rectify and erase personal information
We will process data in line with your rights to the extent required by and in accordance with the applicable law. For more information on your rights, visit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
You are entitled to view, amend, delete and receive/download your personal information that we process in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
If you wish to delete all your personal data and/or have an export of data, please contact us using the email address we have on record for you. Data requests that are deemed as “excessive” or unfounded may result in a fee being charged.
You can update the information we hold on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
If we make substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages and/or contacting you directly if we deem it a substantial enough change.
How to contact us with questions
The data controller responsible for your information is Verdant Leisure Limited, 10 Mannin Way, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA1 3SW
If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us:
By email: email@example.com
Or by writing to us - Data Protection Office, Verdant Leisure Limited, 10 Mannin Way, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA1 3SW
If you have any complaints regarding the Policy, you may contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
This Policy was last updated in September 2021.