Dog-Friendly Holidays in Northumberland
Dog-friendly accommodation holidays in Northern England
Discover your dog-friendly holiday
We know how much your dog means to you; some of us are dog owners ourselves! This is why we ensure our holiday parks are dog-friendly from the moment you arrive.
Check out our dog-friendly holiday and accommodation options in Northumberland, featuring a diverse range of caravans and lakeside lodges.
- Close to the Durham Dales
- Restaurant & Bar
- Walking, cycling and horse routes
- Caravan and lodge accommodation
- Range of holiday homes for sale
Northumberland at a glance
Northumberland is a wild and magical place. Close to the border between England and Scotland, it offers a unique mix of cultural influences and landscapes that can’t be found anywhere else.
Dog-friendly attractions in Northumberland
The vistas of Northumberland hold many treasures and secrets to discover with your furry pal:
- Historic castles that have graced the backgrounds of famous TV shows and films, such as Alnwick Castle from Harry Potter
- Quaint and charming towns around every corner
- Legendary landmarks, including Hadrian’s Wall, the Housesteads Roman Fort and Cragside Gardens
- Vast, open spaces for your pet to roam in, such as the Holy Island of Lindisfarne and Bamburgh Beach
Our dog-friendly accommodation in Northumberland
We prioritise comfort and space in our dog-friendly accommodation, with everything you need to enjoy your Northumberland holiday to the fullest:
Our accommodation at Riverside Leisure Park includes many dog-friendly places to stay:
- Sage Caravans – large living space and double bedrooms; great for families and couples
- Ivy Caravans – open plan for the family to stretch their legs. Also, receive a £10 food voucher to spend at the on-park restaurant
- Olive Caravans – beautiful modern design and spacious decking area
- Limetree Lodges – premium aesthetic and fully furnished. Sleeps up to 4 people.
12 tips for travelling with your dog
We understand that many people want to go on holiday or travel to their holiday home with the whole family, including their dog! Read our handy guide to making the most out of dog friendly holidays in the UK.
Dog-friendly holidays for couples
It can be hard finding the perfect romantic getaway when you have a furry, four-legged third wheel with you, but at Verdant Leisure you don’t have to worry. Discover our best pet-friendly getaways for couples.
Top 5 walks in Northumberland
Whether you're an experienced hiker or just looking for a leisurely stroll, Northumberland has plenty of routes to suit the needs of you and your canine companion.
Dog-friendly holidays in Northumberland FAQs
Northumberland’s expansive countryside and beaches make the county ideally suited for dog-friendly holidays.
Many of the local tourist spots you can visit also allow access to dogs, but make sure to check with any establishment’s website before setting off.
Yes, your dog can visit Bamburgh Castle and enjoy the grounds. However, it must be on a lead at all times.
Only assistance dogs, such as those for hearing and sight, can visit Alnwick Castle.
Got any questions?
Get in touch with our Holidays Teams who will be happy to answer any questions you may have, call us on 03300 535524.