Chefs & Cooks
Location: Viewfield Manor Leisure Park, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, KA13 7RD
Salary: From £9.50 per hour (dependent upon experience)
Contract Type: Permanent & seasonal positions available
Hours: From 16 hours per week, full-time and part-time positions available, flexible and variable
Location: Viewfield Manor Leisure Park,
Kilwinning, Ayrshire, KA13 7RD
Salary: From £9.50 per hour
(dependent upon experience)
Contract Type: Permanent & seasonal
Hours: From 16 hours per week,
full-time and part-time positions
available, flexible and variable hours
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
Our Chefs prepare meals and snacks to order throughout the day, producing consistently well presented, high quality and tasty food from our seasonal menu and special boards. You may be working on your own or with assistance from kitchen assistants and waiting staff. This role is key to ensuring that we can provide the quality food service that our guests expect, providing them with another option to self-catering and allowing them to spend more precious time with family and friends.
Some examples of the day-to day duties are:
- Preparing and cooking food from our regular menu as well as our specials boards in line with company standards
- Maintaining clean premises, clearing and cleaning, ensuring the work station is kept clean and tidy
- Taking delivery of food stock, checking off delivery notes and ensuring the products are stored at the correct temperatures
- Ensuring all stores, fridges and freezers are kept clean and tidy, whilst ensuring stock is stored correctly and rotated
- Ensuring that all temperature checks are carried out and recorded
Skills & Experience Required
We are looking for someone with a basic knowledge of food preparation and presentation. Previous experience in catering or cooking to order, which can include experience from college or cooking at home, would be helpful. You will need to be enthusiastic, friendly and passionate about food. Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for well presented food.
- A commitment to producing consistent and excellent quality food.
- Awareness of stock rotation and basic food hygiene.
- A relevant catering qualification will be advantageous, however training and support can be provided to help you reach your full potential.
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Last minute park breaks from only £99;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - book a break at one of our parks and experience a Verdant holiday as a customer. There is no charge for this break, we simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;*
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet - Green Champions, Charity Champions, Mental Health Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
*Terms and Conditions Apply