We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and friendly individuals to join our team and develop with us. We offer apprenticeship roles in a variety of areas both at our head office and at our parks.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining new skills and developing your knowledge whilst working ... and being paid. You get the benefit of both the hands-on experience of actually performing the everyday tasks and duties, and also the understanding and knowledge to back it up.
Courses typically take 12-18 months to complete, but that doesn't mean you have to leave at the end. We'd like to continue developing you and helping you reach your full potential, whether that is on a higher level course, or through in-house mentoring.
Read about the different apprenticeships we offer below.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are essentially a qualification and a job rolled in to one. The skills and knowledge you learn from your tutors will help you in your job role and the skills and knowledge you learn whilst working will help you achieve the qualification.
Apprenticeships can be undertaken by anyone, at any age, at any stage in their work life. They can help those starting out in the world of work, those who have worked for years and want a change, those who want to develop and many many more.
What Apprenticeships can I do at Verdant Leisure?
Our Head Office in Lancaster is home to our Accounts, Marketing, Holiday Bookings and HR teams. Apprenticeships here will be in:
- Business Admin;
- Customer Service.
Our Parks across Scotland and northern England are home to our Accommodation, Grounds & Maintenance, Reception & Admin, Holiday Home Sales, Leisure, Bar & Restaurant and Shop teams. Apprenticeships on park will typically be in:
- Food & Beverage Services;
- Food Production & Cookery;
- Reception Services;
- Housekeeping Services;
- Retail Skills;
- Business Admin;
- Customer Service;
- Supervision & Leadership.
What does doing an Apprenticeship involve?
Apprenticeships are made up of a nationally recognised vocational qualification (an NVQ or SVQ), core work-related skills (e.g. ICT) and industry specific short courses (e.g. Food Hygiene).
What do I need in Order to do an Apprenticeship?
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- A commitment to undertake the coursework and practical assessments
When you undertake an apprenticeship with us we promise to:
- Provide you with on-the-job training in order to get the best from your apprenticeship
- Give you time during the day to work on your apprenticeship coursework and meet with your assessor
- Work with you to identify a development path with Verdant Leisure that goes beyond your apprenticeship
To apply for one of our apprenticeships just download an application form below, and email this to email@example.com Don't forget to tell us which apprenticeship you are interested in!
For a chat about our apprenticeships please contact HR on 01524 239665.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure are proud to be named as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in the UK 2020!