You can do an Apprenticeship with us at:
Coldingham Bay Leisure Park, Coldingham, Eyemouth, Berwickshire, TD14 5NT Tel: 01890 771316
Erigmore Leisure Park, Birnam, Dunkeld, Perthshire, PH8 0BJ Tel: 01350 727236
Heather View Leisure Park, Stanhope, Bishop Auckland, County Durham, DL13 5PS Tel: 01388 528728
Lancaster Office, Lancaster Business Park, Caton Road, Lancaster, LA1 3SW Tel: 01524 238181
Pease Bay Leisure Park, Cockburnspath, Berwickshire, TD13 5YP Tel: 01368 830206
Queensberry Bay Leisure Park, Powfoot, Annan, Dumfriesshire, DG12 5PN Tel: 01461 700205
Riverside Leisure Park, Wooler, Northumberland, NE71 6NJ Tel: 01668 281447
Scoutscroft Leisure Park, Coldingham, Eyemouth, Berwickshire, TD14 5NA Tel: 01890 771338
Thurston Manor Leisure Park, Innerwick, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1SA Tel: 01368 840643
Viewfield Manor Leisure Park, Torranyard, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, KA13 7RD Tel: 01294 850286
We are a growing company and are always developing our services and facilities. We want team members who love to grow and develop with us.
With the increased trend in "stay-cations", 2021 is set to be our busiest year ever!
We are proud to have supported all our team through the recent restrictions and lockdowns, with no-one losing their job with us because of the pandemic. The passion and commitment of our team has helped us through uncertain times, and now we can look forward to a strong future, together.
If you want to join our team, we ask that you have a passion for what you do and a great attitude. We can give you the skills and training you need to develop a successful career with us, just take the first step and apply now.
Job Role: Various
Salary: From £4.62 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: From 16 hours per week, full-time and part-time positions available, flexible and variable hours
Benefits: When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Last minute park breaks from only £99;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - book a break at one of our parks and experience a Verdant holiday as a customer. There is no charge for this break, we simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;*
*Terms and Conditions Apply
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet - Green Champions, Charity Champions, Mental Health Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining new skills and developing your knowledge whilst working... and being paid. You get the benefit of both the hands-on experience of actually performing the everyday tasks and duties, and also the understanding and knowledge to back it up.
Courses typically take 12-18 months to complete, but that doesn't mean you have to leave at the end. We'd like to continue developing you and helping you reach your full potential, whether that is on a higher level course, or through in-house mentoring.
Read about the different apprenticeships we offer below.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are essentially a qualification and a job rolled in to one. The skills and knowledge you learn from your tutors will help you in your job role and the skills and knowledge you learn whilst working will help you achieve the qualification.
Apprenticeships can be undertaken by anyone, at any age, at any stage in their work life. They can help those starting out in the world of work, those who have worked for years and want a change, those who want to develop and many many more.
Skills & Experience Required
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- A commitment to undertake the coursework and practical assessments
What Apprenticeships are available?
Our Head Office in Lancaster is home to our Accounts, Marketing, Holiday Bookings and HR teams. Apprenticeships here will be in:
- Business Admin;
- Customer Service.
Our Parks across Scotland and northern England are home to our Accommodation, Grounds & Maintenance, Reception & Admin, Holiday Home Sales, Leisure, Bar & Restaurant and Shop teams. Apprenticeships on park will typically be in:
- Food & Beverage Services;
- Food Production & Cookery;
- Reception Services;
- Housekeeping Services;
- Retail Skills;
- Business Admin;
- Customer Service;
- Supervision & Leadership.
What qualifications are involved?
Apprenticeships are made up of a nationally recognised vocational qualification (an NVQ or SVQ), core work-related skills (e.g. ICT) and industry specific short courses (e.g. Food Hygiene).
When you undertake an apprenticeship with us, we promise to:
- Provide you with on-the-job training in order to get the best from your apprenticeship
- Give you time during the day to work on your apprenticeship coursework and meet with your assessor
- Work with you to identify a development path with Verdant Leisure that goes beyond your apprenticeship
The right attitude is key to a successful career with Verdant Leisure.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be.
We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.