Location: Golden Coast Leisure Park, Station Road, Woolacombe, Devon, EX34 7HW
Contract Type: Seasonal (February to November)
Hours: Hours are variable depending on arrivals and departures due each week. Core days are Monday, Friday and Saturday for regular check-ins and check-outs.
About the Role
Our Accommodation and Housekeeping Team are responsible for preparing and maintaining our holiday accommodation. They deliver the highest standards when cleaning our hire fleet, from stripping and making beds, to cleaning appliances and bathrooms. They are responsible for ensuring that our guests get an amazing first impression of their holiday accommodation where everything is clean, tidy and welcoming, leaving them able to relax and enjoy their stay with us. Our Accommodation Team also help keep the park facilities clean and well presented, the ownership vans looking ready to move into, and are on-hand to deal with any issues on busy check-in days!
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Follow a checklist and schedule to ensure all cleaning tasks are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Clean and sanitise accommodation units, including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and living areas.
- Check inventories in holiday units are clean, replacing missing items and reporting stock used
- Strip and make up beds, replacing bed linen and towels where appropriate
- Deep cleaning tasks such as carpet shampooing, window cleaning and pressure washing
- Report any damages, maintenance issues or missing items found in the unit.
- Undertake miscellaneous cleaning duties throughout the park which may include leisure & entertainment facilities, reception, offices and toilet facilities
About the Person
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role, or the ability to learn quickly. You will need to be enthusiastic and well organised with a good eye for detail. A basic understanding of safety and hygiene standards and the ability to follow company procedures and instructions is essential. We need people who are reliable, punctual and who are able to work quickly and efficiently.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a similar role or the ability to learn quickly
- Basic understanding of safety and hygiene standards in cleaning
- Reliability and punctuality
- A friendly and professional manner with good communication skills
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), with an additional day added for each year of service up to 8 years.
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - experience a Verdant holiday as a customer, but with no charge! We simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call the park team on 01368 840643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org