Maintenance Team at Thurston Manor
Location: Thurston Manor Leisure Park, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1SA
Salary: £6.56 per hour (age 16-17), £10.18 per hour (age 18-22), £10.42 per hour (age 23+)
Contract Type: Seasonal (February to November)
Hours: Full and part time available. Shifts will include weekends and bank holidays
About the Role
The Grounds & Site Maintenance Team plays a crucial role in daily maintenance, ensuring our park's holiday accommodation, grounds, facilities, buildings, and equipment are kept in optimal condition. From maintaining holiday units to ensuring the safety of play parks and grounds, they are essential in upholding the high standards our customers expect at a Verdant Leisure park.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain and landscape the grounds, including grass, hedges, play areas, woodland, gardens, pitches and paths.
- Carry out basic repairs to holiday home accommodation including white goods, interiors, exteriors, boilers, heating systems and bathrooms.
- Complete all work in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard
- Safely operate mowers, tools and other equipment
- Rake leaves, clean walkways and keep the park and facilities attractive, welcoming, safe and free of litter.
- Assist in the siting and de-siting of caravans including plumbing and connections.
About the Person
We seek an individual with either prior experience in a comparable role or a quick learning ability. While skills in areas such as joinery, plumbing, and landscaping are beneficial, we provide training. You will need to be well organised, hard working and happy to work outside in all weathers. A valid Driving Licence is essential. In order to succeed in this role, you will need a good awareness of relevant health & safety requirements, general maintenance, repair and ground care skills, and the ability to prioritise and adapt in a changing and challenging environment.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of using hand and power tools.
- Experience in a grounds/maintenance role would be an advantage.
- Good general maintenance, repair and ground care skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A hard-working approach and a commitment to exceeding customer expectations.
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), with an additional day added for each year of service up to 8 years.
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - experience a Verdant holiday as a customer, but with no charge! We simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call the park team on 01368 840643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org