Grounds & Maintenance Team
Location: Riverside Leisure Park, South Road, Wooler, Northumberland, NE71 6NJ
Salary: £10.18 (age 18-22), £10.42 (age 23+) per hour
Contract Type: Seasonal
About the Role
Our Grounds & Site Maintenance Team are responsible for ensuring that the park holiday accommodation, grounds, facilities, buildings and equipment are well maintained on a daily basis. They help keep the holiday accommodation in working order, the play parks and grounds safe and inviting, they site caravans, and are generally very handy! The role is key to ensuring our customers receive the high standard of accommodation and facilities they expect from a Verdant Leisure park.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain and landscape the grounds, including grass, hedges, play areas, woodland, gardens, pitches and paths.
- Carry out basic repairs to holiday home accommodation including white goods, interiors, exteriors, boilers, heating systems and bathrooms.
- Complete all work in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard
- Safely operate mowers, tools and other equipment
- Rake leaves, clean walkways and keep the park and facilities attractive, welcoming, safe and free of litter.
- Assist in the siting and de-siting of caravans including plumbing and connections.
- Additional night warden duties
About the Person
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role, or the ability to learn quickly. Skills such as joinery, plumbing, landscaping etc are advantageous but training can be provided. You will need to be well organised, hard working and happy to work outside in all weathers. A valid Driving Licence is essential. In order to succeed in this role you will need a good awareness of relevant health & safety requirements, general maintenance, repair and ground care skills, and the ability to prioritise and adapt in a changing and challenging environment.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience required:
- A current driving licence is essential.
- Experience of using hand and power tools.
- Experience in a grounds/maintenance role would be an advantage.
- Good general maintenance, repair and ground care skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A hard-working approach and a commitment to exceeding customer expectations.
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call the park team on 01271 872000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org