We are looking to recruit seasonal Leisure Assistants/Lifeguards for our Leisure Complex. We need friendly, enthusiastic people to join the Complex Team and ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable and safe experience using the facilities. We expect our Team to take part in and promote the activities, theme nights and charity events held in the Complex.
Our Leisure Assistants are responsible for providing a welcoming and safe environment to all our guests throughout the day, maintaining high levels of customer service, cleanliness and presentation. We pride ourselves on providing a personalised service and a friendly atmosphere where guests can swim in the pool, relax in the sauna or exercise in the gym.
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
- Undertake continuous swimming pool surveillance, recovery of bathers, resuscitation, first aid and general assistance in accordance with agreed procedures
- Communicate with guests effectively, dealing with enquiries and providing a first-class service
- Oversee the general safety and monitor behaviour of guests to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities or unsocial conduct
- Maintain excellent hygiene standards on poolside by undertaking a systematic cleaning schedule
- Perform water tests as required and report any readings outside the normal levels
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A current NPLQ qualification
- Recent experience as a Lifeguard
- A current PVG/Disclosure Scotland criminal records check
- A friendly and flexible attitude with excellent communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to situations which occur on poolside
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please contact Stewart Wood Complex Manager on 01294 850286.
The hours for this role are variable and will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays. This is a temporary position until January 2020.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we provide an employee benefits package which includes: access to My Staff Shop benefits platform; discounted use of facilities on park; friends & family discounts; reduced standby rates on park breaks and ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!