Thurston Manor is our largest park and during peak season the team can grow to numbering around 70. We have a core team of around 40 permanent members of staff with seasonal team members joining us for busy periods. Many of our seasonal staff return year after year, or become permanent team members.
The Accommodation team are fun, friendly and passionate about ensuring our holiday guests feel at home in clean, well maintained and well-equipped self-catering accommodation. We work hard and understand that team work really does make the dream work!!
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
Our Accommodation Team Members are responsible for preparing and maintaining our holiday accommodation. They also help keep the park facilities clean and well presented, the sales vans looking ready to move into, and are on-hand to deal with any issues on busy check-in days! The role is key to ensuring our customers receive the high standard of accommodation they have paid for and, in the event of any problems, they are dealt with and resolved quickly and professionally.
- Ensure that holiday units are cleaned thoroughly each day, maintained to a high standard and ready for the arrival of incoming guests
- Check inventories in holiday units are clean, replacing missing items and reporting stock used to the Accommodation Manager
- Provide/replace bed linen and towels where appropriate
- Report all damage & repair needs of the holiday units to the General Manager
- Undertake miscellaneous cleaning duties throughout the park, by the direction of the General Manager which may include laundry room, reception, offices and toilets
Due to the nature of the industry this is a temporary seasonal role and the hours are variable to suit but will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A friendly and professional attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- A commitment to providing high standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Experience of using a range of cleaning equipment and products
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
To apply for this role please download an application form below, email this, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role please contact Karen Murphy, Accommodation Manager on 01368 840643.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure are proud to be named as one of the Best 50 Companies to Work for in Scotland 2019!