Queensberry Bay Leisure Park is located on the Scottish coastline of the Solway Firth, under an hour from Carlisle to the east and Dumfries to the north. We have a core team of around 10 permanent members of staff with seasonal team members joining us for busy periods.
The Queensberry Bay team are fun, friendly and passionate about the park and surrounding areas. The small team work together to ensure that our holiday home owners, holiday guests, visitors and locals have an exceptional time on park.
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
If you’re looking for a job that offers you the freedom and flexibility to work around your lifestyle, the night warden position may be for you.
We are looking for a couple or an individual to take on this exciting opportunity. This new position is to cover the park in the absence of the team after 5pm, including weekend evenings with agreed mid-week days off.
Duties will involve some general maintenance, cleaning duties, welcoming late check ins, patrolling the grounds. You will be free during the day to do your own thing, but then you’ll be required to be on park after 5pm.
- Patrolling the park on a regular basis according to a planned rota
- Ensuring that all visitors abide by the park rules
- Carrying out maintenance tasks as directed
- Assisting customers and visitors on the site with their queries and requests
- Ensuring that customers and guests receive an efficient, friendly, consistent and personalised service from all team members
- Responding to any calls and investigating the cause of the alarm
- Keeping the park and facilities attractive, welcoming, safe and free of litter
- Keeping a record of any incidents or occurrences on the site during the shift and provide a detailed hand-over.
- Accommodation will be provided to assist you in your role (in the form of a caravan) or if you have your own tourer or motorhome you will receive a pitch with water, electric, the use of our showers and toilets - alongside a host of employee benefits and a competitive salary.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A clean driving licence.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role/environment
- Strong customer service skills
- A friendly and professional attitude
- A hard-working approach and a commitment to exceeding customer expectations.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
To apply for this role please download an application form below, email this, along with a covering letter to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please contact Lauren Hay, General Manager on 01461 700205.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure are proud to be named as one of the Best 50 Companies to Work for in Scotland 2019!