Heather View is a beautiful rural retreat on the River Wear, set in 21 acres of stunning countryside. It is open all year round and attracts guests who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life. We have a core team of around 20 permanent members of staff with seasonal team members joining us for busy periods. Many of our seasonal staff return year after year, or become permanent team members.
The Complex team are fun, friendly and passionate about providing a welcoming environment and a personalised service to everyone visiting the Complex.
We work hard, have fun and understand that team work really does make the dream work!!
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
As Complex Manager you will look after the food, beverage and entertainment service on park at the recently refurbished Riverview Bar & Grill. You will oversee all aspects of the service and the staff, leading by example with a friendly and professional approach. The role is key to ensuring our customers can relax, dine and enjoy the entertainment activities they are expecting, and also to ensuring that any problems are resolved quickly and professionally.
- Manage an effective stock control system; ordering from approved suppliers, rotating stock and minimising waste.
- Manage cellar areas to ensure optimum quality of product, cleanliness and safe storage with the minimum of waste.
- Take responsibility for the Complex team rota, ensuring that appropriate staffing levels are maintained and that effective customer service is maintained throughout opening hours whilst adhering to budgets.
- Make sure that all team members are suitably trained, have comprehensive product knowledge and understand what is required from them in their job role
- Ensure all complex facilities are clean, tidy and well presented.
- Act as evening Duty Manager for the park in the absence of the General Manager, resolving customer issues wherever appropriate and possible, and ensure late holiday maker check-in’s are welcomed and processed professionally and accurately.
- Ensure the safe operation of the food and beverage service including compilation of Health and Safety and Food Safety management systems.
- Provide a bar and catering service during busy periods and in the quieter times of the season.
Due to the nature of the industry this role will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Personal Licence.
- Previous experience of managing a food and beverage service and be able to demonstrate effective measures for reducing waste and increasing sales
- Previous experience with managing and developing a staff team and be able to demonstrate effective ways of motivating the team to achieve excellence.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A flexible, friendly and professional manner.
- Show a strong commitment to delivering consistently exceptional customer service.
- A good knowledge of the Licencing Act 2003 & Amendments, along with the Food Standards Agency Code of Practice.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
To apply for this role please download an application form below, email this, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role please contact Mark Hans-Brooker, General Manager on 01388 528728.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary of £20,000 - £22,000 (plus annual bonus), we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Staff accommodation can be provided on park if required.