Heather View is a beautiful rural retreat on the River Wear, set in 21 acres of stunning countryside. It is open all year round and attracts guests who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life. We have a core team of around 20 permanent members of staff with seasonal team members joining us for busy periods. Many of our seasonal staff return year after year, or become permanent team members.
The Accommodation team are fun, friendly and passionate about ensuring our holiday guests feel at home in clean, well maintained and well-equipped self-catering accommodation. We work hard and understand that team work really does make the dream work!!
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
- Ensure that the Hire Fleet and communal areas on park (laundry, complex etc.) are cleaned regularly in accordance with the park schedule and are maintained to a high standard.
- Check inventories in the hire fleet are clean, replacing missing items and reporting stock used to the Accommodation Manager or General Manager.
- Report any areas that may need specialist attention.
- Ensure that the Hire Fleet units are prepared for new arrivals in a timely manner and to the agreed high standard.
- Ensure that sales units are cleaned to agreed high standards.
Due to the nature of the industry this is a temporary seasonal role and the hours are variable to suit but will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A friendly and flexible attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a similar role or the ability to learn the role quickly
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
To apply for this role please download an application form below, email this, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role please contact Mark Hans Brooker, General Manager on 01388 528728.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure are proud to be named as one of the Best 50 Companies to Work for in Scotland 2019!