Verdant Leisure own and operate holiday parks in some of the UK’s most picturesque spots across Scotland and the North of England. Each of our parks are unique with plenty to offer, whether its beach-side or countryside, self-catering holidays or holiday home ownership, entertainment in our bars and restaurants or a relaxing swim in our pools. We are passionate about our customers and work hard to ensure they have the best possible experience at our parks.
The Head Office team are fun, friendly and passionate about the holiday park industry. We work hard and understand that team work really does make the dream work!! We also like to celebrate our achievements, no matter how big or small, personal or professional. Basically any excuse to bring in cake and biscuits!
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
This is a highly creative and innovative role, with the freedom to design new artwork (within brand guidelines) that will be engaging for our customers. You will be involved in all aspects of the development of our marketing brochures, leaflets, points of sale, branded literature and digital marketing, with responsibility for managing the creative aspect of our marketing campaigns from inception to completion. The role is key to the development of our brand identity and visual aesthetics.
- Assisting with the production of strategic marketing campaigns for the group
- Working on design briefs from concept to delivery
- Producing high quality print ready designs such as brochures, posters, leaflets, internal documentation and presentations, ensuring compliance with brand guidelines and company standards
- Copywriting and proofreading
- Liaising with external printers to ensure that deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
- Assisting with the development of our brand identity including logos, straplines, mascots, typography and aesthetics
- Monitor competitors and industry trends (in terms of design) and provide feedback to the Communications Director
This is a permanent, full-time role. The salary will be £19,000 to £21,000 dependent upon experience.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in designing and artwork for web and print
- The ability to work under pressure, multi task and work to strict deadlines
- The ability to maintain high levels of enthusiasm in a fast paced, changing and challenging environment
- A creative viewpoint with an acute attention to detail
- The ability to interact and communicate clearly and confidently
- Demonstrable proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud - Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- The ability to create engaging content for our consumers
- Experience with, or the ability to learn, the basics of digital such as html and CSS
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
To apply for this role please send your CV (or a completed application form) along with examples of your design work to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please contact the HR Team on 01524 238181.
Verdant Leisure is not your average Company, by joining our team you join our family and we will support and develop you. You will need to live our brand, work hard and be passionately committed to our mission. We expect great things from you, but we offer plenty in return!
Verdant Leisure is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Please contact us if you require any information in an alternative format.
In addition to offering a competitive salary (with the ability to earn bonus and commissions), we also provide an employee benefits package which includes:
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Friends & family discounts on park breaks;
- Reduced standby rates on park breaks;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential helpline;
- Reward and recognition schemes that celebrate excellence;
- Ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure are proud to be named as one of the Best 50 Companies to Work for in Scotland 2019!