Holiday Home Sales Consultant
Location: Thurston Manor Leisure Park, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1SA
Salary: £22,500 per annum (plus commissions)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time position of 40hrs a week over 5 days. Will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
About the Role
As a Sales Consultant, you are responsible for ensuring that our current and prospective owners get the dream holiday home they are looking for. You will take customers on tours around the park, showing off the excellent facilities, letting them know about the local sites and above all understanding what they want out of a holiday home so you can recommend the best options. Our customers choose to join us because we are open and transparent about costs and expectations. We don’t pressure, or hard sell. After all, our beautiful locations sell themselves!
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify both caravan and lodge sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Conduct park tours and provide information to all existing and new holiday home owners on the range of products and services offered by the company.
- Attend the weekly sales meetings and report on all new sales enquiries and leads.
- Follow instructions for processes for telephoning, brochure mail-out, email contact, call-back and follow up for new enquiries, updating the CRM system – ParcVu.
- Adhere to sales processes for presenting the full and clear facts to customers, presenting site fees and associated costs clearly and ensuring the customer is fully information to make a decision.
- Advise customers of their options with regard to finance packages and ensure any associated paperwork is completed and understood by the customer.
- Ensure that all sales administration is kept up to date and that sales invoices and finance proposals are completed and processed in full and in accordance with Company policy.
- Attend caravan shows and exhibitions as required and appropriate throughout the year.
About the Person
You will need to have previous experience in a face-to-face sales environment, preferably with holiday homes, caravans or similar. We are looking for someone who loves meeting and talking to people and who shows real passion for the holiday home lifestyle and our beautiful park locations.
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it could possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider park team meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a face to face sales environment, preferably with holiday homes, caravans or similar.
- A real passion for the holiday home lifestyle and our beautiful park locations
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly, professional approach, with a high-energy and can-do attitude
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), with an additional day added for each year of service up to 8 years.
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - experience a Verdant holiday as a customer, but with no charge! We simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call the park team on 01368 840643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org