Location: Pease Bay Leisure Park, Cockburnspath, Berwickshire, TD13 5YP
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time over 5 days a week. Will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
About the Role
Our General Managers are responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the holiday park, adhering to legislation and company policies, driving profitability and improved customer experience. Working closely with Heads of Department you will inspire, motivate and develop all members of the team to deliver consistently positive experiences for our holiday homeowners, holiday makers and guests. As a senior member of the Verdant team you will lead by example embodying the Verdant culture of positivity, a “can do” attitude and caring for others.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the park, identifying new opportunities to drive greater efficiency and improve performance.
- Responsibility for managing, monitoring, controlling and delivering the annual park budget and operating profit targets, including capital expenditure
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales across all departments and achieve agreed gross profit margins.
- Maximise holiday home sales, whilst maintaining a high quality sales process in line with company guidelines and maintain excellent relationships with our customers through delivery of welcome meetings and events
- To recruit, motivate and develop high performance teams focused on delivering and exceeding our owners’ and guests’ expectations.
- To safeguard all licences on the park, e.g. site licence, liquor licence etc, to ensure that park operations meet our legal obligations
- Planning the work of the team, prioritising as appropriate and ensuring the best use of resources
- Protecting and maintaining the company’s assets
About the Person
We are looking for someone with extensive holiday park management experience, a proven track record of leadership, and the ability to inspire and motivate a team. You will need to have excellent communication skills, a keen work ethic and a passion for the industry. To be successful in this role you will need to be adaptable, able to successfully juggle competing priorities and you should definitely love a challenge!
Above all, you will need to have the right attitude. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so we expect you to do everything in your power to make their Verdant experience the absolute best it can possibly be. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ so you will need to be adaptable and flexible to help the wider team meet and exceed both our targets and our customers’ expectations.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive holiday park management experience, covering leisure, retail, hospitality and accommodation
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate individuals to grow in their roles
- Commercial and sales skills, including experience of managing capital projects and budgets
- Change management experience and a flexible open attitude to continual improvements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits: When you join Team Verdant you will be joining a team who are passionate about what they do. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- Performance related bonus package
- On park accommodation (if required)
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays). Over the next three years you will receive an additional day for each year of service, taking your annual leave entitlement up to a maximum of 36 days annual leave each year.
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, basically any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call the park team on 01368 840643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org