Holiday Sales Advisor
Location: Verdant Leisure, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 3SW
Salary:£19,851 FTE (age 18-22), £20,319 FTE (age 23+), plus commission & bonus opportunities
Contract Type: Permanent/Temporary
Hours: This position offers flexible hours.
Varied shifts including mornings; afternoons; evenings and weekends
About the Role
Our Holiday Sales Advisors are the first point of contact for many new and returning customers. They support our parks by making bookings, taking inbound calls and e-mail queries, and helping our customers plan their perfect Verdant experience. They are also responsible for driving bookings and utilising opportunities to maximise revenue, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service. The role involves admin tasks as well as telesales (in-bound and out-bound) tasks, but this isn’t just about selling holidays, its about making holiday dreams come true!
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Dealing with queries for all our parks in a friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Handling booking requests, processing them in line with company procedures
- Converting enquiries to bookings, promoting any current offers or extras whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service
- Providing accurate information about our parks and their facilities, proactively offering recommendations to enhance each customer’s experience
- Cross selling alternative parks, upselling higher standard accommodation, extra nights and special extras such as celebration packs and welcome hampers.
- Carrying out outbound sales calls to previous holiday customers, informing them of new offers or park improvements in order to maximise return potential
- Inputting accurate information onto the computerised system, ensuring confirmations are sent to customers and call details are recorded
About the Person
You will need to be friendly, confident and well organised with a professional telephone manner. Previous experience in a direct customer service, telesales or admin environment is essential. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. You will need to be resilient, confident and be able to use communication/sales techniques to find out the customers’ needs and deliver their perfect Verdant experience.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a customer facing role, ideally with experience in a sales environment
- Good IT skills with the ability to confidently use booking systems once trained
- A confident, friendly and professional manner
- The ability to maintain high levels of enthusiasm in a fast paced and sometimes challenging environment
- The ability to interact and communicate clearly and confidently, adapting styles based on your audience
When you join Team Verdant you will be working in a fun and collaborative environment. You can also take advantage of some fantastic benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), with an additional day added for each year of service up to 8 years.
- An online discount platform where you can save money on shopping, dining, travel, days out and much more;
- Up to 30% off park breaks for you, your friends and your family and last-minute park breaks from only £99;
- Discounted use of facilities on park, including restaurants, leisure and activities;
- An annual 'Verdant Experience' - experience a Verdant holiday as a customer, but with no charge! We simply ask that you make the most of it and give us your honest feedback afterwards!;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line;
- Many opportunities for recognition and reward - monthly 'Stars' awards, annual awards for individuals and park teams, 'Cheers for Peers' cards, and any excuse for cakes, biscuits and celebrations!;
- Get involved with our company wide team initiatives to help each other, our communities and the planet like our Green Champions & Charity Champions;
- A commitment to providing training & development opportunities, recognising potential and supporting you in your career.
For more information or an informal chat about the role, please call our friendly HR team on 01524 239665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org